Saturday, March 21, 2009

catching up

Well I guess I really let the time go by without updating this! I will try to do better.

I am now one month post op from a one level cervical fusion at C6-C7. I feel like I have done pretty well. The pain has gotten so much better since the surgery so I hope that all is fixed now. I plan on being able to go back on April 13th after my doc appointment on April 9th. I can't see any reason why I couldnt. I just hope my voice gets better between now and then. I still sound like Minnie Mouse!

Since the previous posts DaWayne has taken disability from Pioneer. He worked there from 1981 till 2008....27 years. His constant chest pain is just too much for him to work. Im glad he is no longer having to commute the 80 miles a day. Just too scary when he is feeling so bad.

Andrew and his family have been living with us since last summer and they are working on a deal for a house. I am glad they are finally getting their own place but sure will miss Kyler living right here. On the other hand they are just next door so Im sure he will be here lots. He is such a joy to me and DaWayne

The oilfield has sure been hit hard by the economy problems and Andrew got laid off from his oil rig and is now working for Bar S Foods in Clinton. They make cold cuts, hot dogs ect. He is still missing the big paychecks the oilfield had and is looking for a higher paying job if he can get one,

Josh and Ashley are also feeling the crunch of the oilfield. Josh has been cut back on his pay and feels like he is on the brink of being laid off. If so they will have to move their trailer to their farm here in Blaine county and he will have to find a non-oilfield job. Luckily today though he has a job for tomorrow. I just hope it is the start of several more so they will keep him on.

No comments: